Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Number 2

Having a flooded basement is not fun. It started with just a little bit of water coming through the walls of a very holy michigan basement, and ended up as water seeping up through the hole in the ground where the sump pump should be but is not. Then things got smelly as the city sewers started backing up and water/fecal matter started coming through the drain. Which was even cooler.

Luckily most of my posessions stayed dry because the neighbors with whom we share a basement with were nice enough to knock on the door and let us know there was about an inch of liquids covering the basement floor - ah the luxuries of living in a vintage house.

On a brighter note I have offically started attending rugby practice for the Grand Rapids Gazelles Rugby Football Club. Even though I will be out of town hunting most of October I hope to get some B-side time in the next few weeks which will help me stay in shape.

It's nice to have some time to try and put down roots in Grand Rapids and get used to being in one place for a while.

1 comment:

NotAppealing said...

Cassie and I would love to come watch a game (although I'm not sure I could promise she wouldn't jump in...)